Wednesday, May 7, 2014

DIY- Scrunchie

 
Scrunchie 
 

 
What you need:
 
- Scissors
- Flat elastic
- Fabric (I used an old shirt)
- Ruler
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
 
 
Steps
1. Measure out a piece of fabric about 40cm by 10cm
2. Cut a piece of elastic the size that you like (I usually make mine slightly bigger than my wrist or what I think will hold my ponytail)
3. Fold the fabric in half long ways , make sure that you are looking at the side you want on the inside.
4. Sew the long edge of the fabric with a sewing machine or by hand(the pink on I did with a sewing
machine the rainbow one I did by hand)
 
 
 
 
5. Turn the fabric right way out
6. Thread the elastic through the fabric (I suggest using a safety pint o lead it through)
7. Sew both ends of the elastic together.
8. Tuck one end of the fabric into the other, then sew around it to finish it off.
 
 
 
 
 
K xox




No comments:

Post a Comment